Hair, Skin, Nails
: Health Tip: Avoid UV Radiation
Posted November 4, 2017
(HealthDay News) -- Ultraviolet (UV) radiation coming from the sun is a major cause of skin cancer.
The American Cancer Society suggests how to minimize the effects of UV rays:
- UV rays are strongest between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm. If you must be outside during this time, stay in the shade as much as possible.
- Always wear sunscreen when you're outside.
- Cover most parts of your skin with clothing.
- Wear a hat to protect your head, neck and face.
- Wear sunglasses that are designed to block UV rays.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.